Ethos and Values
At Christ the King, all are valued, all can achieve and all are loved. We have high expectations of each member of our school community and are committed to our school mission.
Our Mission Statement forms the basis of our aims, values and long term development of the school. The school values its strong links with St Mellitus Church through school families, Parish Priest, staff and governors.
We aim to provide within our Catholic ethos:
- A place where Jesus is a constant presence in our lives
- Quality teaching and learning experiences, with high expectations of all staff and pupils.
- The skills to equip pupils to become independent learners
- Equality of opportunity for all to have full access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Celebrate individual and collective achievements
- A place where everyone feels valued and respected as members of a community
- An environment in which high standards of behaviour, self-discipline and showing respect for the rights and views of others is everyday practice
- A school where parents and staff feel supported in their roles