The Governors are legally responsible for the running of the school, making decisions in key areas for the benefit of, and on behalf of, everybody concerned with school – pupils, parents, carers, all staff and the diocese. We are also members of the school and parish communities, many of us are parents of pupils past and present.
Our key role is in supporting the work of the school leadership team and the staff, and making important decisions about how the school will be run.
We also aim to be approachable and to listen to the communities we represent. Most of all we want to contribute to Christ the King School continuing to be a happy and thriving school!
Some of the key areas we deal with are:
- Promoting high standards of achievement
- Promoting Catholic values
- Planning the school’s long-term direction
- Setting the school’s aims, values and ethos
- Setting and monitoring the school budget
- Appointing senior staff
- Ensuring a safe and productive school environment
- Monitoring and evaluating school performance
Meet our Governors
- Althea Robinson-Fanus – Chair of Governors
- Romy Hoster – Head of School, Associate Member
- Father John O'Leary, Foundation Governor
- Tom McGregor – Foundation Governor
- Khasheena Beddoes – Co-Opted Governor
- Dianne Browning, Associate Member
- Cristina Santos, Staff Governor
- John Lane –Executive Headteacher, Associate Member
- Paul Najsarek, Foundation Governor (Vice-Chair)
- Dawn Shanghanoo – Parent Governor
- Ebenezer Oyeleye - Parent Governor
Be a school governor
The Full Governing Body of Christ the King Catholic school meets once a term, and is composed of representatives from the Diocese, Council, parents and staff.
Foundation Governors are appointed by the Diocese of Westminster, parent governors are elected by parents and carers and staff governors are elected by the school staff. Most of the decisions Governors make are at committee level. Our three committees are:
- Curriculum and Standards
- Finance, Premises and Personnel