The Governors are legally responsible for the running of the school, making decisions in key areas for the benefit of, and on behalf of, everybody concerned with school – pupils, parents, carers, all staff and the diocese. We are also members of the school and parish communities, many of us are parents of pupils past and present.
Our key role is in supporting the work of the school leadership team and the staff, and making important decisions about how the school will be run.
We also aim to be approachable and to listen to the communities we represent. Most of all we want to contribute to Christ the King School continuing to be a happy and thriving school!
Some of the key areas we deal with are:
- Promoting high standards of achievement
- Promoting Catholic values
- Planning the school’s long-term direction
- Setting the school’s aims, values and ethos
- Setting and monitoring the school budget
- Appointing senior staff
- Ensuring a safe and productive school environment
- Monitoring and evaluating school performance
Meet our Governors
- Paul Najsarek – Foundation Governor and Chair of Governors
- Father John O'Leary, Foundation Governor
- Tom McGregor – Foundation Governor
- Kate Courtman - Foundation Governor
- John Lane –Staff Governor and Executive Headteacher
- James Potts - LA Governor
- Khasheena Beddoes – Co-Opted Governor
- Cristina Santos, Staff Governor
- Dawn Shanghanoo – Parent Governor
- Ebenezer Oyeleye - Parent Governor
In addition there are also Associate members, who are:
- Romy Hoster – Head of School
- Tracy Lane, Deputy Headteacher
- Dee Abbott, Assistant Headteacher
- Dianne Browning
Be a school governor
The Full Governing Body of Christ the King Catholic school meets once a term, and is composed of representatives from the Diocese, Council, parents and staff.
Foundation Governors are appointed by the Diocese of Westminster, parent governors are elected by parents and carers and staff governors are elected by the school staff. Most of the decisions Governors make are at committee level. Our three committees are:
- Curriculum and Standards
- Finance, Premises and Personnel