All the teachers in the school are teachers of children with Special Educational Needs. Christ the King adopts a 'whole school approach' to SEND that involves all staff adhering to a model of good practice based on a Quality First Teaching model. The staff of the school are committed to identifying and providing for the needs of all children in a wholly inclusive environment. Inclusion is given a high priority in this policy, in line with the policies of Islington Local Authority.
Special Educational Needs Policy and Information
Please use the file browser below to download.
Please use the links below to view external links.
- Islington Local Offer for SEND
- Find information, advice and services for Islington children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- Centre 404
- Centre 404 can offer a range of high quality services to assist children and adults with a learning disability and their family carers, these include: direct support, information, respite, activities, advocacy, help with personal budgets and form filling, and access to social groups and other local networks.
- Islington Family Information Service
- Islington's Family Information Service (FIS) gives free, impartial information, advice and guidance about services for children, young people and families. You can contact the FIS on 020 7527 5959
- Islington Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Islington CAMHS aims to provide a service to help children, young people (aged 0-18) and families with behavioural, emotional and mental health difficulties.- You can ask school to contact us, or call us on 0207 445 8150
- Families First Islington
- Here you can find out everything you need to know about services for children and families in Islington. - Call 02075274343
- Family Lives
- Family Lives is a charity helping parents to deal with the changes that are a constant part of family life. They provide a 24 hour helpline, extensive advice on their website, email and live chat services, befriending services, and parenting/relationship support groups. Nearly all of the services are accessible at no charge to parents and you can contact them 365 days a year.