Interactive Bar

Translate / Traduire / Übersetzen / Tłumaczyć / Išversti / Tulkot / Traducir

Scroll to content

Christ the King Catholic Primary School

Christ the King School History

1957 - School opened

The first voluntary aided school on our site was opened by the Sisters of St. John of God. They were led by Sister Mary, our first Headteacher.
There had previously been a fee paying school on the site, it was called Notre Dame and was run by the sisters of Our Lady of Bordeaux.

1967 - Improving our school

The school continues to thrive supported by a strong Irish catholic community, who volunteered to build classrooms and playgrounds. Sister Mary is still leading the school as Headteacher.

1987 - Our Silver Jubilee

The school celebrates its Silver Jubilee and is visited by His Eminence Cardinal Basil Hume. Sister Mary retires in 1988 and  Mr Lowe joins as Headteacher. 

1998 - Outstanding results

Mr Gerard Thompson joins as Headteacher. Mr Thompson improves the school's Ofsted inspection results ably assisted by his dedicated team of staff. On his retirement in 2004 he is succeeded by Mr Paul Campbell who continued to build on Mr Thompson's success.

2007 - Golden Jubilee

Cardinal Vincent Nicholls led the school's 50th anniversary celebrations. The Cardinal visited our children in school and later celebrated Mass at St. Mellitus Church. 

2014 - A partnership is formed

Mr Paul Campbell retires as Headteacher in August 2014. Mr John Lane joins as Executive Headteacher in September and Miss Hoster becomes Head of School. Christ the King becomes part of a federation with our new Sister School, Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School in Holloway.

2019- Onwards

Miss Hoster retires after 38 years service to Christ the King. Mr Lane continues as Executive Headteacher and the partnership between Christ the King and Sacred Heart is strengthened.